No products in the cart.
This Privacy Notice was published on May 17, 2018. It takes effect May 25, 2018.
We care about our customers and know that your privacy is important to you. This Privacy Notice is our way of telling you how we collect your information, why we need it, and how we use it.
For our website https://www.gardening24.co.uk (the “Site”) and users of our mobile application (the “App”) in the UK, and for information otherwise collected under this Privacy Notice, Gardening24 Stores Limited is the data controller that is responsible for your privacy. Gardening24 Stores Limited is located at Gardening24 House, Tuam Road, Galway Co. Galway, Ireland.
SCOPE OF APPLICATION
This Privacy Notice also applies to the information you provide to us after being presented with or directed to this Privacy Notice. This could be, for example, when you share your information with our call center representatives or send us a letter via postal mail.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
There are three general categories of information we collect: (1) Information you give to us; (2) Information we automatically collect from your use of the Site or the App; (3) Information we collect from third parties.
We use your information in several different ways. What we do with your information depends on when we collect it and what we collect. We may anonymize your information for any purpose permitted by applicable laws.
Information you give to us
- Your name and contact details(such as your email address, mailing address, phone number and password)
- Additional profile information(such as date of birth, gender, location and preferred language)
- Your payment information(such as your credit/debit card number, security/CVV code, and expiration date)
- Your communications and contact history with us(such service call recordings, chat and instant messages, or communications with our social media channels)
- Other information(such as product reviews, forum posts, survey responses, participation in promotions, and other user-generated content)
|How we use information you give to us||Why we collect it|
|Registration||We need your name and contact details to create your account. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of certain services and offerings on the Site and the App, and to fulfill our contract with you when you place an order.|
|Accept payment, fulfill orders, provide refunds||We use your name and contact details to fulfill our contract with you and deliver your orders, and we use your payment information to process payments and comply with applicable law.|
|Sending you account information||We need your name and contact details to deliver important account information to you, such as order confirmations and notices, changes to account settings, and notices about the Site, the App, or the terms and policies that apply to them.|
|To offer an improved user experience||We use your communications and contact history with us, as well as other information such as additional profile information, to operate, protect, improve and optimize the Site and the App and to personalize and customize your experience. We have a legitimate interest in improving the Site and the App, as well as user experience.|
|Analytics, training and quality assurance||We may use information you provide to us to train our staff, improve our services, and perform other internal analytics and performance monitoring. This processing can be pursuant to your consent or pursuant to our legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud and improving our services and offerings.|
|Communication, marketing and advertising||We may use information you provide to us to deliver and personalize our communications with you, or to administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests or other promotional activities. This processing can be pursuant to your consent or pursuant to our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of interest.|
Information we automatically collect from your use of the Site or the App
- Purchase history and saved items(such as what you bought and what you’ve placed in your cart or saved items)
- Log data and device information(such as details about how you’ve used the Site or the App, IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, location data and page/product views or clicks)
- Geo-location information(such as IP address, browser information or mobile GPS information)
- Cookies and similar technologies(such as web beacons, pixels, and mobile identifiers)
|How we use information we automatically collect||Why we collect it|
|To provide customer service and process returns||We use your saved products to help you make a purchase, and we use your purchase history to uphold our contract with you and ensure that you’ve had a great customer experience.|
|To offer an improved user experience||We use your log data and device information to operate, protect, improve and optimize the Site and the App and to personalize and customize your experience. We have a legitimate interest in improving the Site and the App, as well as user experience.|
|To create and maintain a secure environment||We have a legitimate interest in protecting the Site and the App, to comply with applicable law and to measure the adequate performance of our contract with you.|
|Analytics, training and quality assurance||We may use automatically collected information to train our staff and perform internal analytics and performance monitoring. We have a legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud and improving our services and offerings.|
|Communication, marketing and advertising||We may use automatically collected information such as cookies and similar technologies to provide the most relevant advertising to you. This processing can be pursuant to your consent or pursuant to our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of interest.|
Information we collect from third parties, such as third party services (such as if you link, connect, or login to the Site or the App with your Google, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter accounts) or other sources (such as your contacts or brands we partner with)
- Your name and contact details(such as your email address, mailing address, phone number and password)
- Social media handles(such as your Twitter or Instagram handle)
- Other information(such as demographic data, fraud detection information and information about you and your activities, experiences and interactions on and off the Site and the App)
|How we use information from third parties||Why we collect it|
|Registration and profile||We will use information from third party services if you register with us using another service, such as Facebook. Connecting to third-party applications or services is optional. If you create your account by connecting through another service, we will collect public information from that connected account to help complete your profile.|
|Communication, marketing and advertising||We may use information we collect or receive from third parties to deliver and personalize our communications with you, or to administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests or other promotional activities. This processing can be pursuant to your consent or pursuant to our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of interest.|
|Non-member referrals||We may obtain your information from a friend or other contact who wants to invite you to use the Site or App. We will use your information to facilitate your invitation and administer our referral program.|
|To create and maintain a secure environment||We may obtain your information from third party service providers and/or partners (e.g. identity verification services) and combine it with information we have about you for fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We have a legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud and improving our services and offerings.|
WHEN WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We share your information with the following categories of recipients as an essential part of being able to provide the Site, the App and related services, including customer service, to you:
- Gardening24 affiliates, including Gardening24 LLC (Gardening24’s parent company) in the USA. We share your information among our affiliates because each is responsible for different Gardening24 activities. For example, Gardening24 LLC directs and controls our global marketing and customer service activities. We share your information with Gardening24 LLC so that we can provide our services to you.
- Companies and individuals that help us deliver our products to you, such as suppliers, payment service providers, logistics professionals, and delivery and freight companies.
- Professional service providers who help us run our business, such as marketing companies, software vendors, consultants, and advertising partners.
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us) and payment processors (such as Klarna) if you choose to use their payment service.
We share your information with third parties only as described in this Privacy Notice, with your consent, and as disclosed at the time we collect your information. We may anonymize your information and share such anonymized information with third parties for any purpose permitted by applicable laws.
“Brand Partners” are third parties that we partner with who offer products or services that may be useful or of interest to you. Our Brand Partners are carefully selected reputable organizations whose privacy policies we believe are consistent with ours. Such organizations may include other retailers and magazine publishers.
- Functionality cookies,which allow you to navigate the site and use our features.
- Analytics cookies,which allow us to measure, analyze and understand how our customers use the Site, and to identify ways to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us evaluate your use of the Site, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage. The information generated by the Google Analytics cookies is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, due to the activation of IP anonymization on this Site, your IP address will be shortened by Google prior to transferring it to the USA. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. You can prevent Google’s collection of your information through the Google Analytics cookies by downloading and installing available browser plug-ins, for example the browser add-on for disabling Google Analytics.
- We also use Criteo to help us collect and store information that we use to create pseudonymized profiles of our users. We use these profiles to analyze visitor behavior and improve and tailor our services. We do not merge or combine these pseudonymized profiles with any information about the user without a specific, express consent of the person concerned. To understand more about how Criteo helps us create these profiles, please visit Criteo’s website to review its privacy policies.
- Customer preference cookies,which help us remember your preferences (like your language or location) and make your experience more personalized to you.
We also use web beacons (or “web bugs” or “clear GIFs”) to help us identify your computer and evaluate user behavior, such as reactions to promotions. Web beacons are small GIF files that can be hidden in other graphics, emails, or similar. The information collected by web beacons cannot be used to identify you and are not associated with information on your computer or database. To prevent web bugs on our site, you can use tools such as AdBlock Plus. To prevent web bugs in emails, please set your mail program so that no HTML is displayed in messages. Web bugs are also prevented if you read your e-mail offline.
BLOGS, REVIEWS AND FORUMS
The Site and App also may from time to time offer publicly-accessible blogs, reviews or forums. Any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected and used by others who access them. To request removal of your information from blogs, customer reviews or forums, please see Your Rights and Choice below. Please note that in some cases we may be unable to remove your information.
SOCIAL MEDIA PLUGINS
The Site and the App use social plugins, which allow you to interact with us through your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media accounts. If you visit a page of our Site or App that contains such a plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection to that social media’s webservers. The content of the plugin is transmitted by the social media site directly to your browser and incorporated by the social media site into the Site or App. By integrating the plugins, the social media site receives the information that your browser has accessed the corresponding page of our Site or App, even if you do not have an account or are currently not logged in to your account. We have no control over the extent and use of information that the social media site collects using this plugin.
If you interact with a social media plugin by, for example, clicking a “Like” button or leaving a comment, the corresponding information is also transmitted directly to the social media server and stored there. Depending on your settings, the information will also be posted on the social media site and displayed to your contacts or friends on the social media site. The social media site may use this information for the purpose of advertising, market research and tailor-made pages.
To understand what information social media sites collect when you interact with their plug-ins, please review their privacy policies. You may also have the option to change your settings in the social media site to prevent the collection of your information.
OUR SECURITY MEASURES
We use appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect your information from unauthorized use, disclosure, and loss. Data transmitted to Gardening24 is encrypted using Transport Layer Security (TLS). We use a PCI compliant secure credit card processor and do not save your full credit card number on our information systems while placing an order. If you have questions about the security of your information, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage you to protect your password and your computer to prevent unauthorized access to your account. Remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window if you are using a shared computer in a public place such as a library or an Internet cafe.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION
When we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will either delete it from our systems or anonymize it so that it no longer identifies you.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You have the following rights related to the information that we maintain about you:
- The right to be informed about how your information is used. This is the reason we provide this Privacy Notice to you.
- The right to access the information we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate information we hold about you. You can correct some of this information in your account settings.
- In some circumstances, the right to request that we delete your information, or stop processing it or collecting it.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do through your preferences by clicking on any “unsubscribe” link in any marketing email you receive from us. You also have the right to withdraw your consent for other processing activities for which you have given us your consent.
- The right to request that we transfer your information either to you or a third party.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator.
TRANSFERS OUTSIDE OF EUROPE
Gardening24 is headquartered in the USA. While Gardening24 Stores Limited is an independent entity, its operations, sales, and online presence are closely tied to Gardening24 LLC (which is its parent company in the USA). As a result of this relationship, your information will be transferred to the USA to be processed by Gardening24 LLC.
Gardening24 LLC is a data controller and has committed to complying with this Privacy Notice and European privacy laws with regard to information transferred from Europe. The USA does not have a decision of adequacy from the European Commission, meaning that the laws in the USA may not be as protective as the laws in Europe. Because of this, Gardening24 has taken steps to protect your rights when your information is transferred to the USA through the use of the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
We may provide links to third-party web sites that we do not own or control. We are not responsible for the information collection practices of these third-party websites and do not endorse such practices. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy practices of third-party websites before providing any information to or through them.
The Site and the App are not directed to children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under 16. If we learn that we have collected information from a child under 16, we will take steps to obtain the consent of that child’s parent or guardian prior to processing that child’s information any further. If do not obtain the parent or guardian’s consent, we will delete the child’s information from our systems.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect new ways that we process your information. If we make significant changes that affect your information, we will provide you notice of such changes through the Site, the App, by email, or some other means of contact. This notice will give you an opportunity to review the changes before we use your information in these different ways.
HOW TO CONTACT US / DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
We always want to hear from our customers – especially with your questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices. Please don’t hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer by sending us an email on Contact Page.